Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA)
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), which was passed by the U.S. Congress in 1998,
addresses copyright infringement by electronic means, including access over the Internet.
copyrighted material unless you have the written consent of the owner.
You also may not download other material that is illegal in the location where you are using News Rover.
S&H Computer Systems does not store, transmit, post, distribute, or manage Usenet newsgroups or messages and files posted in them;
that is the function of Usenet news server companies.
So we do not have the ability to remove copyrighted material that is illegally posted to Usenet.
If you find copyrighted material that has been illegally posted to Usenet newsgroups, you should contact the Usenet news server company
and ask them to remove the offending material. We believe all Usenet news server companies respond to DMCA complaints.
If you have problems figuring out how to report an infringement, contact us, and we will help you find out the correct procedure to use
with the Usenet news server you are using.
If you wish to request that we remove an entry from the Usenet index we maintain for News Rover, please follow this procedure:
To file a notice of infringement with us, you must provide a written communication (by fax or regular mail -- not by email, except by prior agreement)
that sets forth the items specified below. Please note that you will be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys' fees)
if you materially misrepresent that a product or activity is infringing your copyrights.
To expedite our ability to process your request, please use the following format (including section numbers):
- Provide the full Usenet posting header for the infringing message including:
- Full subject of message.
- Message-ID string.
- Newsgroup(s) where message was posted.
- Posting date and time.
- Name or e-mail address of person who posted the message.
- Provide your full name, mailing address, e-mail address, and phone number.
- Include the following statement: "I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above as allegedly infringing is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law."
- Include the following statement: "I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed."
- Sign the paper.
- Send the written communication to the following address:
S&H Computer Systems
1024-B 18th Avenue South
Nashville, TN 37212
Note that removing an entry from our Usenet index does not remove the file from Usenet itself. To do that you must contact a Usenet news server company
as described above.
If we are able to determine that the infringining material was posted by a News Rover customer,
and we are able to determine who the customer is, we will warn them that their use of News Rover
After two such warnings violators will have their News Rover registrations revoked.